Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Tune In" - Chill Moody's "The iIL-Chill Project"



     I got Tuned In to Chill Moody on Twitter a couple months back and decided to download his newest Mixtape "The iIL-Chill Project" and I gotta say I got a good vibe from it. Here's some background info on the project. " Four Months ago West Philly Natives Chill Moody (Rapper) and iiL Meel (producer) decided to join forces and create a mixtape. The result of the collaboration comes in the form of a 23 track originally produced release that some are calling a full fledged album. The iIL-Chill Project was released Friday, November 13th at 11:13am and by 11:24am had received 100 downloads just  through word of mouth. With features from Add-2, Dominique Laure, Damo, Twan D. and Boogie Mandela and many more. Check out what all the fuss is about".                    

Now to the "The iIL-Chill Project" Review:
If your lookin' for some refreshing Lyrics/flow and production Check out "The iIl-Chill Project".If I didn't know this was a self promoted unsigned project I would have thought it was just a signed "Underground" artist. Chill's approach on the project is as if he's a seasoned vet, I sense full comfort in the delivery, no hesitation. The chemistry and Collaboration of Chill and Producer iiL Meel is a nice "One,Two" punch of cohesive creativity. Conceptually the Album has a lot of Elements,including some comedy in the form of "PSA's" and  Interludes, and Substance oozes from track to track with Creative word-play,metaphors and similes.One track in Particular "War In My Mind" (Ft Stones) where Chill debates and battles internally with which direction to take with his craft. The Instrumentals are full of soul, just the kind of music I can dig. It's only right that I put it on the "Groove Scale"..and it registers a Solid 8. Keep doin' ya Thing Chill!

Stand Out Tracks:
"Where You Are", "Wat I Spit Fo' " "War In My Mind" "iHATErappers" "You Got Wat" "Hip Hop Don't Fade Away", and the "outChro"

You can download "The iIL-Chill Project" here
Extras: If You wanna check out the Making of the album cover click here

For more info on Chill Moody Tune In to:
www.chillmoody.com
twitter: @chillmoody
facebook.com/chillmoody
chillmoody@hotmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Eager to download...thanx StayTuned for this review...very detailed and compelling...off i go to listen..i shall be back with thoughts...of course...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Downloading now. On his myspace page for now -- "all i needed" pops. diggin it heavy.

    i shall return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have to download this tonite when I get back to my personal comp (at work right now) keep the good listens coming my man. I like ur blog kid, ur doing the damn thang :) Now I just gotta figure out how to do the whole RSS feed thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK here's my full review --

    iIlChro is an apt introduction to what we can expect the whole album -- smooth and clever but unexpected (the beat switch with the freestyle at the end is bananas)

    tracks 2-5 def dont disappoint, probably my favorite tracks on the album

    the interludes/skits are hilarious -- welcomed breaks from the conscious lyrics

    some other standout tracks for me: Settle Down, Suicide Barz and Magikk

    Word play overall is SICK. Production is soulful but not too vintage where it loses its freshness.

    I agree with the 8 groove scale rating...i might even give it 8.5

    SOLID.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts On Album