Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Priscilla Renea "Jukebox" Album Review



Since being introduced to this artist with her smooth tempo laid back vocal arrangement on "Hello My Apple" I've anticipated what her debut album would sound like.
For an artist so young she's written the majority of her album. There's a certain maturity level that manifest throughout the album. There's a nice blend of up tempo tracks and the more ballad driven tracks. The album has a refreshing feel to it. From rebellious female anthem-esk "Dollhouse" to more cater to you type tracks such as "StoneGarden" , "Bacon & Eggs". Priscilla tries to school us all on "early sexin" as she refers to as in "Rockabye Baby" a tale about the struggles of dealing with unwanted pregnancy, but its laced in a uptempo beat so its not depressing. The album tells a few stories that we can all relate to at some point in time. For those who know me and for those who don't, I Love vocals, and she packs some. My Stand out Vocal display tracks are "Fixing My Hair" & "Pretty Girl" . Final Thoughts : Pretty solid groove. It's what I expected it to be. On the Groove Scale it registers a 7.5

Experience the album here

2 comments:

  1. So Ive listen to this whole CD, it was fairly short and I have to admit she is pretty talented. She has mad potential. Her songs seem to come from several genres, i could be wrong, but its not a problem. My personal favorite is Fixing My Hair. I can definitely agree with you when you say we can relate to at least one of the songs this Album. Overall it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her songs vary so much it's hard to put her in a set genre. But I like that about an artist. Look forward to watching which how her success and public reception unfolds. She def shows her versatility on 'Jukebox' and her youtube channel. And I agree with everything you said. Well put and well reviewed. (LOL ur groove score make me laugh everytime. "it came it at..." lol)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts On Album