Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lupe Fiasco's " Enemy OF The State: A Love Story" Mixtape



Solid Mixtape for Mr. Fiasco . He starts the project off with "The National Anthem" where Lupe displays his Collegiate,Higher Education Wordplay intertwined with his Political flow.Groovy!. The mixtape has some heat in the form of his "Fireman"(Lil Wayne) track, crazy!. Can't say I was feelin the "Angels" (Remix) flow . Stand out tracks for me are "So Ghetto" , "Say Somethin' & "Popular Demand". That beat is kinda serious. Im hearing He might make a Remix appearance on The Official track with The Clipse. Final Thought: Lupe kept the Mixtape short and sweet. Said more in its short time then some artist whole albums. Groove Scale (1 - 10) I'll give it a solid 8.

Here's A link for those who haven't Experienced the mixtape yet;

5 comments:

  1. agreed that the tape was solid. but angels remix is one of the highlights of the what is very short piece. to each his own i guess. one

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty good. Easy listen & good flow. I liked Angels tho. I don't want him to lose his original "Lupe" voice & flow tho. He was walking the line at some points. But *kanye shrug* guess u gotta do whatever to sell/gain acclamation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Angels was a highlight for me too but Lupe is always tryna do different things flow wise and voice wise.I think thats one of the things that set him apart musically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm..yall gone make me re listen to Angel's.. idk if the beat turned me off to it or what...but ima listen again but i guess do I "listen to musik or do I just skim through it" lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mixtape, but lupe teased us a little with the short tracks.....

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts On Album