Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rihanna "Rated R"


     Figured I'd do a review on Rated R. Don't really no where to begin with this Album. Rihanna has never been a "singer" to me, BUT, her voice isn't unbearable, not to mention she always has some heat in the form of producers/writers. Kudos to Ne-Yo for penning "Russian Roulette" which to me is the best track on the album,very infectious.  The feel of the track vocally,lyrically and production wise was just the right blend. I think I have a thing for the Island accent which is why I don't mind " Wait Your Turn", glad to see she went back to her roots on that one. I kind of dig the smooth vibe of "Te Amo" . Rated R has an eerie, dark feeling through the project. I feel like I need to have a vile of Holy Water by my side when listening to it. The album as a whole was pretty disappointing, in addition the first week sales doesn't add anything to her credits. A Poor Follow Up to "Good Girl Gone Bad"

Stand Out Tracks : "Russian Roulette ", "Cold Case Love", " Hard"

On The Groove Scale....it Registers a 5.5

3 comments:

  1. ..you took the words right outta my mouth on "vile of holy water" lmao. omg pass the rosary beads!! ri is demonic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's trying wayy to hard to be "dark" just let it go, and make music. Her over-saturation I would also credit to her disappointing album sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea i have the album and Russian Roulette is cool..my main joint is "Hard" that joint b rockin..but yea i NEVER fucked wit Rihanna..Her voice annoys me..The woman cannot sing to me lol..but "russian roulette" her voice is cool..

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts On Album