Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dame Dash Brings Us : "The BlackRoc Project"




Dame Dash got together with The Black Keys to bring us this ecletic mash up album. The album was recorded in 11 days , by 11 artists (Billy Danze,Jim Jones, Nicole Wray, NOE, Ludacris, Mos Def, ODB, Pharoahe Monch, Q-Tip, Raekwon & RZA) that birthed 11 tracks which was released this previous Black Friday. The album has a hypnotic groove to it curtesy of The Black Keys. Stand Out tracks for me were "On The Vista", "Why Can't I Forget About Him", "Stay Off The Fuckin' Flowers","Ain't Nothin' Like You"and "What You Do To Me" . Final Thoughts : An artistically Interesting project. Black Keys lent some rugid synth sonic sounding instrumentals to the project. Random Artist ensemble, but made for some groovy collabs here and there. Lookin' forward to some more mash-ups like this. On The Groove Scale...registers a 7

 Groove on over here to this Rap Godfathers Forum for A Listen and Make some Comments. Invite your friends to comment to. Appreciate It!

4 comments:

  1. I think what Dame did with this project is amazing. I'm hoping that it comes out as good as I expect it. I'll prolly actually buy the album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get this ASAP. Seemingly amazing music mash-ups

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im def gonna get this -- sounds poppin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed this for it's diversity and extra left field collabs. I'm not the biggest "hip-hop" fan so I wasn't listening for anything to catch my interest. But "Aint Nothin..." "Why Can't I..." and "On the Vista" were the highlights for me. Good review and I agree with your groove score!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts On Album