Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chris Brown's "Graffiti"


     Chris Brown's Follow up to "Exclusive Isn't a bad piece of work. "I Can Transform Ya" Kind of grew on me after a couple hundred listens. Swizz can make a club banger without even trying.
"Sing Like Me" Grooves a lil' bit, nice production and vocals. It has a "Invented Sex" kind of feel to it, meaning the "wait till I get you to the crib" type of thing.

     Don't really see what the Hub Bub is about with "Crawl" , I guess because people think it's about Rihanna? ..eh.. I've heard better ballads from Chris.

     I must say I'm diggin "So Cold" the beat drives the track mixed with the flow of the vocals gets a good groove going. Until the end that is, breakdown doesn't fit the track, and the hype man isn't needed. "Famous Girl"'s production is impressive, track knocks and incorporates some funky instrumentation. Vocals dance effortless over the track. Thought "Take My Time" had a Pretty Ricky feel until Tank came and blessed the track with some stellar vocals. "Wait" Ft Trey Songz goes kinda hard. The Beat is bananas. Track Could have done without The Game though.
      Graffiti has a good mix of Bangers and ballads. The concept stays pretty consistent throughout. Love discovered, lost a couple times, yet seems like it ends with a unfulfilled,longing feel. Solid Album, Production team was on point, feel like the momentum of the album died down towards the end but all in all nice follow up to Exclusive .

     Since I like alot of the material upon this first listen I'll point out some of the low points for me " I.Y.A." just does't seem to fit with the album flow, "Lucky Me" would have been good except for the chorus. It ruins the track for me. "Fallin Down" and "Girlfriend", which Lupe Fiasco probably should have stayed off.  This track sounds like a 2nd hand B'More club song. Again Solid Project!

On The Groove Scale....It registers a 8

Listen to the album here

A lil' Extra: " I Love You" Ft Ester Dean . Tracks not on the album but it grooves.  Get It Here

9 comments:

  1. Im getting it now....registering at 8...GR8 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I feel you Noel ..lol... people been goin on him about that album cover.. its worse than damn Skinny Jeans :/ so drawin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this album is good enough to bring him back. He needs a revival since Exclusive did not measure up to his debut album (in my opinion). And especially after this women beater debauchery. I will trust your 8 and give it a listen later this week. Stay Tuned for my future comments. (lol...guess pun's intended)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job Noel... I liked Exclusive a lot actually... everything was enhanced from the first album.. and this Isn't a bad follow up to Exclusive. I mean im critiquing the music..not the person...The person can break both dancing feet( did I say that? :/)

    ReplyDelete
  5. eh...enhanced and much better production on the 2nd is right...but the 1st was lyrically better and pulled you in. Since he sounded young and puppy love on the 1st, he did step his game up as a crossover/"i can do just about anything" type artist on Exclusive. I'll give him that tho. Shoot now I gotta go listen to Graffiti, just to see where he went.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Puppy Love"? ...eh ..coulda did without all that.. i'm grown lol. And that lisp annoyed me on most tracks whenever I noticed it. He had a couple bangers on the first jawn tho. Exclusive i can "almost" go track for track till the end... Keyword being "Almost" lol...before u start goin in on me . lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. no one talked about his man tights on here?

    ReplyDelete
  8. this album is aight nothin special to me...sum tracks are cool and others are eh..im gonna give it a few more listens

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ALSO LOVVVVVVED EXCLUSIVE. THIS WAS A PRETTY GOOD FOLLOW UP FOR ME. I LOVE THE MISOGYNISTIC "WAIT" TRACK, BUT I AGREE IT DEF COULDA DID WITHOUT THE GAME. AND THE SONG WITH TANK IS PANTYDROPPER MATERIAL. LOVES.

    I FEEL LIKE CHRIS IS TRYING TO RIDE THE SUCCESS OF "FOREVER" BECAUSE THE ALBUM HAS ALOT OF DANCE MUSIC. WHICH I AM LOVING RIGHT NOW SO I CANT COMPLAIN. I AGREE ON THE SOLID 8.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts On Album