Friday, December 4, 2009

R.Kelly - "Untitled"


I tend to gravitate more towards R.Kelly's inspirational music, with an occasional club banger or "sexy" song (For those who don't know I like "Sexy" music) here and there. My thing about R.Kelly is I don't think he's "that" bad and artist, I can acknowledge that he makes hits, just don't think it's quite my groove.

Surprisingly the album actually kind of knocks I have to admit it. "Exit" and "Echo" lead off the album and they had me groovin. He went back to vintage Kells on this Project, with a few tracks attempting to keep up with the times. I dig the smooth vibe of "Whole Lotta Kisses", and there's something about "Number One"Ft Keri Hilson that initially hearing it I was immediately hooked. I think they're chemistry was just that good for me. One of those tracks that did just enough in every category. Digs it. Some folks didn't agree with me but "Pregnant" is my S***. That track is groovy.

Overall the album lyrically is not too bad, probably because the content is sexy and I'm biased towards that kind of material. Not a Kells fan, but throughout His career I give props when there due, and I must say the album is pretty solid. The tracks I mentioned before of him trying to stay hip to the times could have been left off the album honestly.

Stand Out Tracks : "Exit", "Echo", "Number One","Pregnant"

On The Groove Scale ...it registers a 7

1 comment:

  1. Yo, how many albums does this dude have?? haha!! He needs to retire.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts On Album